I love the holidays.
One of my favorite thing about the holidays is all the fun family activities that are available. We have lots of Holiday Traditions and I love it when my kids get excited about what’s coming up. Most of our family traditions are centered around the holidays.
Something about this time of year just makes my heart pitter patter.
I love the smells. I love the sights. I love the weather. I love the activities. But most of all I love all the Family time.
The organized side of me likes to plan ahead and make sure that we have all of the activities planned and prepared ahead of time.
I start by creating a list and then I look at our calendar and start to schedule the things in. I learned a few years ago that I don’t fit these things into our schedule but I schedule stuff around these things. I think that its important to spend time as a family and to create long-lasting memories.
Sometimes our activities are small and sometimes we can fit multiple into one day. It’s important to look at the list, decided that you want to combine and how much time you will need for each activity. The planning out and scheduling also helps with the preparation. If I know that in 4 days we are going to make a witches brew then I will be able to buy the things ahead of time to make sure we have them when needed.
Planning ahead of time will ensure that your family has a blast this holiday season and that you are able to fit everything you want into your schedule. There is nothing fun about a holiday season passing you by and you realizing that you did not do everything that you wanted to do.
Here is a list of fun Halloween/Fall activities that we try to do every year.
Take this list, copy it, or use it to create your own. There is a printable checklist at the bottom for you to use for your own family as well.
- Pick pumpkins
- Dress up in old Halloween Costumes and be silly
- Make Halloween crafts like: witches hats, ghost feet, pumpkin hands, witch brooms, etc.
- Carve pumpkins
- Go on a “spooky” Halloween scavenger hunt
- Watch “Hocus Pocus”
- Paint Pumpkins
- Have a Halloween Party
- Build a Scarecrow
- Go on a hayride
- Make a giant pile of leaves and jump in them
- Drink hot cocoa or apple cider while sitting under a blanket on the porch
- Make pumpkin bread and pumpkin cookies
- Gut a pumpkin and cook the seeds
- Go on a fall walk
- Make fun Halloween treats: ghost cookies, witches hats, pumpkin shaped cookies, candy corn pudding, zombie fingers, graveyard cupcakes and so many more
- Go trick or Treating
- Make a witches brew
- Make Halloween Cookies
- Decorate Spooky House
- Go to a corn maze
- Drive around and look at Houses Decorated for Halloween
- Have a Bon Fire and make s’mores
- Bake Apples in the Crockpot
- Make Carmel Apples
- Collect leaves and do an art project
- Go see a Football Game
- Make something new with Pumpkin
- Make a gratitude Tree with Leaves
- Start a Thankful Wall
- Make Apple Crafts
Click on the Bucket List check list to be able to copy and print.