I wanted to share with you the ULTIMATE TV SHOW THROW BACK in honor of my birthday this month. Shout out to all those LEO’S out there. I am giving you all the ridiculously awesome TV Shows from the 80’s and 90’s that will rock your world with tubular emotions and send you rushing down that Lane called Memory.
They just don’t make shows like they used too. I am so grateful for NETFLIX and HULU that let me relive my childhood by rewatching some of these fantastic shows. My poor kids have no idea what kind of epicness they are missing out on.
Without further ado….. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!
THE ULTIMATE TV SHOW THROW BACK!!!
Enjoy….. You can thank me later.
- Super Market Sweep- What kid didn’t dream of being on this show? I laid in bed at night thinking about what kind of things I would grab and plan out my strategies… I’m pretty sure I also yelled at the TV A LOT!!
- 7th Heaven
I wanted to be a Camden. The re runs are on HULU and the kids and I started watching them.
- Saved by the bellI dreamed I was married to Zach on a very regular basis and wanted to be Kelly so badly. The Summer series when they worked at the Beach was pretty much the stuff of my dreams. This show was my addiction by the time I was 7 years old.
- Salute your Shorts
5. Step by step TGIF wasn’t complete without this show.
6. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?I would rush home from school so I could watch this show. Homework? whats that? I was too busy sleuthing.
7. Legends of the Hidden Temple
Who else KNOWS they could have rocked this game?
8. Gummi BearsWe have this on DVD and my kids are in love!!
9. Clarrisa Explains it all
Not the Mama, not the Mama!
11. Double Dare
12. Family MattersUrkel wasn’t even supposed to be on the show when it was first filmed but was later added. Can you imagine what that show would have been like without him?
13. Fraggle Rock
14. Full House This show was my childhood… the end!
15. Ghost Writer 16. Home Improvement I wanted to marry all of the Taylor boys and I thought my Dad was Tim Taylors twin.
17. Too Smart For Strangers
Who else remembers this movie? I have searched high and low to find it for my kids to watch.
18. Muppet BabiesNo Saturday morning in front of the TV with a bowl of cereal was complete without The Muppet Babies
19. My little PonyI have found some of the original episodes on YouTube and watched them with my kids. This show makes me so home sick for a different time.
20. Are You Afraid of the Dark?
21. Sabrina the Teenage witch
I secretly wished that when I turned 16 I would find out I had witch powers. You know like on Teen Witch? Then I could be just like Sabrina. I think Salem stole the show. Anyone else with me on that?
22. Odd Man Out
Even though this show didn’t last long on TGIF it was on long enough for me and the rest of the population of young girls to fall in love with Erik Von Detten.
23. Rescue Rangers When I found the DVDs for this at Costco I bought up every single season.
25. Tale Spin
We also own all of these. Can anyone else still sing the theme song? It gets stuck in my head on a regular basis.
26. Rainbow Bright
I totally wanted to be Rainbow Bright. All you girls out there know exactly what Im talking about.
27. Boy Meets WorldCan I just say that I still want to be best friends with Corey and Topanga? I’m so bummed the Girl Meets World series hasn’t been nearly as good.
28. Tiny Toon Adventures
29. X-MenGambet was my all time favorite!!! The things he did with cards was epic.
31. Darkwing Duck
This and Duck Tales have to be my kids favorite show from my youth.
32. Duck Tales
33. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Theme song= EPIC LEVELS OF GREATNESS!!! I still have it memorized word for word and occasionally bust it out to me kids. Yes I’m cool like that.
34. Guts 35. Wild & Crazy Kids 36. Goosebumps
This is on Netflix and my kids are hooked. They totally sleep with the lights on anytime they watch it and all I can do it chuckle because I did the same thing when I was their age.
37. Kenan and Kel
38. The Secret World of Alex Mack
39. Beakman’s World
40. Inspector Gadget
Opening song… need I say more?
41. Dumbos Circus On occasion I will shed a few tears over the greatness of this show because I miss it so much. I’m not sure what it was about this show but I simply adored this as a kid. I really need to see if I can find it on YouTube. Not for my kids, but for me.
42. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
These guys were the epitome of awesome. I still love to sit and watch those Heroes in a Half shell and rock out with some Turtle Power.
44. Lois and Clark The New Adventures of Superman
Sunday nights in our house consisted of sitting down with some popcorn and watching Lois and Clark Superman. I remember sitting just a few feet from the TV and being absorbed in every last-minute of each episode.
46. Hey Dude
47. American Gladiators
48. Rocco’s Modern Life
49. Eurekas Castle
50. Hey Arnold
Im still to this day not sure How or Why my parents let me watch this show but I LOVED it. I never missed an episode and I watched Hobie grow up. It was my guilt pleasure even when I was 8 years old… WHAT?? Thats crazy to me. I can’t imagine my 8 and 10 year old watching it. There was some drama on there for sure.
52. He Man and She Rah 53. ThunderCats 54. Pound Puppies
I can still hear the theme song in my head and all the dogs sounding off with their barks. I LOVED that show.
My kids found this show on Netflixs and have been just as hooked on it as I was as a kid. This was the stuff of little girls dreams. I still haven’t seen the new movie they made about it. Have you?
I still to this day know the whole theme song. My kids own several seasons of this and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching it with them.
57. Flintstones (and Flintsone babies)
Yabba Dabba Do!!! Need I say more?
Okay you can Thank me now!
Did this bring back some memories? I sure hope so. I had a complete and utter blast hunting down all of these shows and reminiscing with my husband. What where your favorites? Anything I left out?
You can check out my other 80s/90s nostalgia post here.